iPhone 5 Comes to Australia September 21
Apple’s new iPhone 5 will be coming to Australia on September 21. The phone will be made of only aluminum and glass.
Width: 7.6 mm
Weight: 112 grams
Hardware upgrades include a new A6 chip, and much faster Wifi technology. It’s also important to note the camera remains 7 Mega pixels and the dock connector to charge the phone has shrunk considerably.
The screen size has also increased by 1 inch.
The new iPhone will come with iOS 6 – Apple’s latest mobile operating operating system with over 200 new user features such as:
- New Maps app with Apple-designed cartography,
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Flyover™ view
- Facebook integration for Contacts and Calendar,
- Ability to post Facebook status updates directly from Notification Center
- New Siri features, including support for more languages, easy access to sports scores, restaurant recommendations and movie listings;
- Siri and Facebook-enabled apps like Photos, Safari and Maps
- Shared Photo Streams via iCloud.
Good news is that the LTE (long-term evolution) 4G functionality will work on the Telstra, Optus and Virgin Mobile 4G networks in Australia.
Have a look at this Infograph comparing the features of iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Produced by MobilePhoneFinder.com.au