20 Awesome Tips to increase your Alexa Rank
If you are a blogger, sell websites advertising or just want to boast how great your site is – having a good Alexa rank will help build your reputation as a quality, highly trafficked website.
Here are our 20 awesome tips to increase your Alexa Rank:
1. Install the Alexa toolbar on your Browers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) and whenever you visit your site this will help somewhat to improve (or sustain) your Alexa Rank. You can download the Alexa Toolbar at http://www.alexa.com/toolbar
2. Implement the Alexa Site owners widget onto your site. This gives users a quick way to check out your Alexa stats and also every time they click the widget this is helping with your Alexa rank. You can get an Alexa widget here http://www.alexa.com/siteowners/widgets
3. Encourage your friends and colleagues to install the Alexa toolbar and visit your website.
4. Use Social Media sites like Digg, StumbleUpon and Delicious to drive traffic to your website. A majority of these users are tech savvy and use the Alexa toolbar. In addition to the huge traffic these websites can bring, a lot of users may have the Alexa toolbar and you will notice a big surge in your Alexa rank.
5. In your blog write content that will be beneficial to webmasters. Talk about SEO, web design, online marketing as webmasters are always looking for this information and there is a good changes these webmasters will also have the Alexa Toolbar installed in their browser.
6. Utilise webmaster forums and include your website link in your signature. You will notice most webmaster forums have a high Alexa rank, mainly because the users of the forum have the Alexa toolbar installed.
7. Encourage your website visitors to install the Alexa Toolbar. You can build a custom toolbar and show it off on your site with a link for users to view and download it from Alexa.com
8. Look at other blogs with a high Alexa rank and comment on them and leave your link in the comments URL field. Hopefully you can get some quality traffic coming through who have installed the Alexa Toolbar.
9. Create a section on your website dedicated to Webmaster Tools. As webmasters we are always looking for new tools and if you write about them and review them enough you may become an authority in your space in relation to webmaster advice.
10. Create another section on your website such as a category specifically for Alexa. This cements your place in the search engines and also becomes a place for Alexa Toolbar uses to check about any new Alexa news.