Explainer Videos – Sell Yourself In 30 Seconds
Forget nasal spray and oral strips! In today’s fast paced web surfing world it is not a good thing if you need more than 30 seconds…to grab a visitor’s attention. You have under a minute to captivate your potential clients. Your visitors are savvier and don’t want to waste time clicking, reading and scrolling in order to decipher your message, SO DON’T MAKE THEM…get to the point! Learn how businesses are delivering their message in 30 seconds and converting their customers with Explainer Videos.
What is this Explainer Video you speak of?
An explanation video (also known as explainer video, demo video, internet video, start-up video and more!) is a must have for any SMART business. It is an internet video that explains your product, service, business, widget or app. A short, sharp and simple video displaying your unique selling points will increase conversions, generating leads and sales…AND BEST OF ALL, IT’S TRACKABLE for your return on investment! (Thank you internet).
Face the Facts…
You Tube is now the second largest search engine in the world next to GOOGLE. A customer will choose to watch an explainer video over text or pictures every time, getting your message delivered in the fastest and most effective way….did I mention it will increase your website visitation duration by almost 6 times?
Where will I use my explanation video? EVERYWHERE!
- YouTube Marketing – Send it Viral
- TV Commercial
- Google Maps
- Social Media Marketing
- Incorporate the demo video into your homepage website design
- A product page on your website
Now that’s enough writing I say. I would prefer to show you how the wonderful explanation video works with, you guessed it, an explanatory video!
Click the image below to see an example of a fully customised Explainer Video
Created by The Small Business Marketing Company www.smallbusinessmarketingcompany.com.au
Each video includes:
- Professional voice over,
- Sound FX
- Custom branded design
- Script Writing and more!
And here is an example of a TEMPLATE video that was developed for a small business on a budget, ‘Shona Creative.’
There are multiple big players in the industry for example ‘Grumo Media’. Their videos are fantastically quirky and can be on the expensive side (like most custom videos) however the owner has created great short courses for small businesses to learn and DIY! Check them out here http://grumomedia.com/category/grumos/
How much will this set me back?
Of course a fully customised animated video, with professional voice over artists and script writers won’t be easy on the hip pocket but there are ways around getting your best video for a fair price
- Find a small business who knows what they are talking about…*cough cough wink wink* www.sbmco.com.au
- Negotiate on the length of the video for example you may not need 60 seconds only 30 so that could bring down the price for you.
- Do your research, gets quotes from several companies on price. Play them off against each other…nothing like a bit of healthy competition.
- Do your research on the quality of the video and what style you like. Is your brand quirky and fun? (perhaps the stick figure-style animations suit you best) or do you prefer approachable and informative (perhaps cartoon aesthetics are more up your alley?) Here is an example of a stick figure design found on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LR1g-vZks
- Don’t compromise quality for price here. If you’re going to do it, do it right!
Spend time on You Tube watching some explainer videos….there are PLENTY, which goes to show you that the trend has significantly increased over the last couple of years. Businesses these days can’t afford not to have an explainer video. Return on Investment is evident.
There you have it….explainer videos. Keep your business fresh, relevant and effective.
Thanks for reading my very first blog on socialmedianews.com.au and Thank you Dave.C for the fantastic opportunity. Hopefully you will see me around more guys! Talk to me if you need any guidance on setting up an explainer video for your business today. I would love to hear your thoughts below on explainer videos too!