Facebook Q2 Earnings call – up to 955 Million Active Users
Only hours ago Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg did their first ever earnings call since being traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
According to the Facebook Investor release, these are the key points you need to know:
- Monthly active users have increased to 955 million from 901 million in March.
- Daily active users averaged 552 million over June 2012
- Mobile monthly active users averaged 543 million over June 2012
- Revenue for Q2 was $1.18 billion USD , an increase of 32%
- Overall for the quarter Facebook posted a loss of $157 million USD due to costs increasing 295% to $1.93 billion USD driven primarily by share-based compensation expenses and related payroll tax expenses.
- Mark Zuckerberg has said Facebook users are increasing in all key countries including the United States.
- Mobile is their priority for the years to come as we’ve seen Facebook release their camera app, purchase of Instagram, and upcoming iOS6 integration.
- On a separate note, Instagram has now reached 80 million users.
Overall the news looks positive for Facebook and they look to be on track to hit 1 billion users in 2012.