Social Media Statistics Australia – July 2011
We have collated our monthly Social Media statistics showing the most popular social networking sites in Australia.
These stats show average user numbers over the month of July.
UAVs / mo = Unique Australian Visitors Per Month visiting the site.
Social Media Statistics Australia - July 2011
1. Facebook – 10,436,860 users in Australia
2. Youtube – 9.8 million UAVs / mo (down 100,000)
3. Blogspot – 4.6 UAVs / mo (down 1,000,000,)
4. WordPress.com – 2.1 million UAVs / mo (down 200,000)
5. LinkedIn – 2 million UAVs / mo (steady)
6. Twitter – 1.9 million UAVs / mo (steady)
7. Flickr – 1.5 million UAVs / mo (steady)
8. Tumblr – 1.5 million UAVs / mo (up 600,000)
9. MySpace – 930,000 UAVs / mo (down 70,000)
10. StumbleUpon – 150,000 UAVs / mo (steady)
11. Digg – 140,000 UAVs / mo (down 20,000)
12. Reddit – 100,000 UAVs / mo (steady)
13*. Foursquare 63,000 UAVs / mo (steady)
14. Delicious – 59,000 UAVs / mo (down 17,000)
15*. Gowalla – no data, May 2011 was 9,500 UAVs / mo
The most noticeable change is Tumblr increasing it’s numbers again, this month by 600,000 unique visitors. I have noticed a lot more people now using Tumblr. I expect over the coming months Tumblr to gain even more popularity.
Also StumbleUpon has overtaken Digg as the most popular social bookmarking site in Australia.
Now MySpace is under new ownership (and with Justin Timberlake looking to help reestablish the brand), it will be interesting to see if they can stop this consistent drop in user numbers.
I will also be looking into Google Plus stats over the coming months and the best way to report this.
* Mobile Applications with significant website presence
Stats courtesy checkfacebook.com and Google Adplanner Tool