South Australian Government Social Media Policy
The South Australian Government has released a Social Media Policy for it’s staff.
Basically the dos and don’t of how Government staff are to use Social Media.
It is interesting to read through their guidelines and how they intend to harness the power of Social Media.
To view the policy, go here: www.espi.sa.gov.au/files/socialmedia_guidelines.pdf
The South Australian Government goes on to explain what benefit social media can be:
SOCIAL MEDIA CAN:
• increase citizens’ access to government
• increase government’s access to audiences and improve the accessibility of government communication
• enable government to be more active in its relationships with citizens, partners and stakeholders
• offer greater scope to adjust or refocus communications quickly, where necessary
• increase the level of trust in government
• provide additional communication channels in times of emergency
• reach specific audiences on specific issues.
The report goes into much detail – have a read.
Source: the South Australian Government.