Microsoft releases earning figures FY12 Q1
Microsoft has released their Q1 results for FY 2012, showing continued business and consumer growth across the Microsoft product lines.
Key Stats of Interest:
– Since the release of Windows 7 in 2009, more than 450 million licenses of Windows 7 have been sold.
– Windows 8 will very much have an ‘App based’ layout and Microsoft App Store.
– Since the launch of Microsoft Office 365, new customer signups have exploded.
– Bing organic search engine share has grown to 14.7% in the US market.
– Bing powered search (including Yahoo sites) has grown to around 27% in the US market.
– There are now 170 million active Skype accounts with 20 million new accounts being created each month.