Social Media Fashion
How is the fashion industry using Social Media?
Leading fashion and luxury brands are positioning themselves online by showcasing their products to the masses. Whilst such brands are only affordable to a small segment, the branding opportunities from social media is well worth the time and investment for these companies.
So lets look at various social media technologies currently being used:
- Dolce & Gabbana – www.dolcegabbana.mobi
- Diesel – http://m.diesel.com
- Zara – http://www.zara.com/mobi/webjqtouch/index.php
- Versace – http://mobile.versace.com/
- Brooks Brothers – http://www.brooksbrothers.com/
- Zara Online Shop – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zara/id341323282?mt=8
- Marie Clare Magazine – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/marie-claire-magazine/id400279593?mt=8
- Runaway Magazine – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/runway-magazine/id384410352?mt=8
- Style.com – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/style-com/id289380413?mt=8
- Target – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/target/id297430070?mt=8
- Victoria’s Secret – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/the-2009-victorias-secret-fashion/id336860594?mt=8
- ChicFeed – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/chicfeed/id338930115?mt=8
- ShopStyle – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/shopstyle/id314673827?mt=8
- Gucci Style – http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gucci-style/id334876990?mt=8
- Couturelab – http://www.couturelab.com/
- Gilt – http://www.gilt.com/
- Asos – http://www.asos.com/
- Gucci – http://www.gucci.com/
- Boticca – http://boticca.com/
These above examples show some of the best Fashion iPhone, iPad, Mobile sites and ecommerce stores. Australian fashion brands should look at the work being done internationally, and start to promote more through social media – as we do seem to be lagging behind the US/ UK and Europe on this.