AUSTRALIAN SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS  |  SOCIAL MEDIA AGENCY  |  SOCIAL MEDIA EVENTS  |  INSTAGRAM NEWS

annajames

rss feed

My Twitter Cull

on September 25, 2013 | Twitter | Comments (0)
My Twitter Cull

Realising that I followed over 1,000 people on Twitter, a spring clean was certainly in order; but who would stay and who would go?  Here are the fifteen Twerps who didn’t make the cut: First on my hit list was the high-brow publication that I like to pretend I read.  I’ve never fully understood anything […]

Read More | Share

Five Types of New Generation Twitter Followers – Which One Are You?

on June 13, 2013 | Twitter | Comments (2)
Five Types of New Generation Twitter Followers - Which One Are You?

The Helpful Twerp These people are why you consult Twitter before making those important daily decisions (Subway: turkey or ham?).  It’s as though the Helpful Twerps are permanently on standby to give you the reassurance you need “#TeamTurkey!!!”, even though it’s 4am in their country.  Helpful Twerps also have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things […]

Read More | Share

Launch Your Brand in 50 Minutes for $50 Through Social Media

on January 10, 2013 | Business | Comments (2)
Launch Your Brand in 50 Minutes for $50 Through Social Media

The beginning of a new year is the prefect time to renegotiate your brand, and by utilising social media as part of your business, this process can be cheap and effective. These are a few basic ideas to establish yourself through social media. Own your domain name. Try Australian-based hosting company crazydomains.com.au; for as little […]

Read More | Share

Trolling tidal wave hits Charlotte Dawson

on August 30, 2012 | Australia | Comments (2)
Trolling tidal wave hits Charlotte Dawson

It’s all fun and games until somebody ends up in hospital. As we ate dinner last night, media personality Charlotte Dawson graced our screens, and she was addressing a topic far more sinister then her usual fashion and gossip: social media bullying. Appearing determined, confident and unapologetic, Dawson presented herself in the interview as a […]

Read More | Share

How to Refine Your Online Self – The Pitfalls of Facebook Stalking

on August 3, 2012 | Facebook | Comments (0)
How to Refine Your Online Self - The Pitfalls of Facebook Stalking

95% of Facebookers enjoy a regular ‘Facebook Stalk’ session.  The other 5% will not admit it.  I do it, you do it, potential employers do it as often as potential partners.  It’s an enjoyable pastime that feeds our innate human curiosity and sometimes it spirals from “Wonder what she is doing these days?” to a […]

Read More | Share

Marketing Yourself Online: Knowing Your Brand

on July 31, 2012 | Sydney | Comments (0)
Marketing Yourself Online: Knowing Your Brand

I may sound like I should be standing in the middle of a shopping centre in a cheap suit clutching a neon sign when I say this – to market yourself successfully online, you must know your brand. This isn’t a new concept, in fact, personal ‘branding’ is the term du jour and this is […]

Read More | Share

Awkward Social Media Moments

on April 30, 2012 | Social Media | Comments (3)
Awkward Social Media Moments

A few years ago, I had a bunch of flowers delivered to a friend for her birthday.  By that evening, I hadn’t heard a word from her and dejected, I vented to a girlfriend in an angry text “No thank you whatsoever, ungrateful cow”.  I accidently sent it to the birthday girl.  We’ve all done […]

Read More | Share

Confessions of a desperate Twit

on April 24, 2012 | Twitter | Comments (2)
Confessions of a desperate Twit

I’d hit virtual rock bottom.  I begged Corey Worthington to ReTweet me.  The Party Boy gave me a shout out and for a second there, I thought all of my social media problems had been solved.  You see, I’ve developed an online inferiority complex as a result of failing to recruit Twitter followers fast enough.  […]

Read More | Share

Samantha Brick stares in to mirror of Social Media society

on April 11, 2012 | Social Media | Comments (1)
Samantha Brick stares in to mirror of Social Media society

Samantha Brick is probably still in tears following the Social Media backlash of her ill-fated manifesto ‘There are downsides to looking this pretty’: why women hate me for being beautiful’ published by the Daily Mail.  The article discussed the adversity she’d faced being pigeonholed as a ‘pretty face’ which made her a gift to men […]

Read More | Share

What the Facebook is Kony?

on March 9, 2012 | Social Media | Comments (0)
What the Facebook is Kony?

I was planning a quiet night in, then Kony happened.  It started on my News Feed on my way to work this morning – ‘”Kony 2012 WATCH!”.  I assumed it was a European DJ Set.  It didn’t stop once I got in to the office – every colleague had something to say about this illusive […]

Read More | Share











MONTHLY NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP