Microsoft To Buy LinkedIn For $26.2 Billion USD
Microsoft has announced that they are buying the LinkedIn business networking site for $26.2 Billion USD.
As a result LinkedIn’s stock has risen 47% on the news.
Some key facts about LinkedIn’s growth:
- 19 percent growth year over year (YOY) to more than 433 million members worldwide
- 9 percent growth YOY to more than 105 million unique visiting members per month
- 49 percent growth YOY to 60 percent mobile usage
- 34 percent growth YOY to more than 45 billion quarterly member page views
- 101 percent growth YOY to more than 7 million active job listings
It’s going to be interesting to see how Microsoft and LinkedIn work together to advance the product.