AUSTRALIAN SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS  |  SOCIAL MEDIA AGENCY  |  SOCIAL MEDIA EVENTS  |  INSTAGRAM NEWS

Mobile search growing

on June 17, 2010 | Mobile Search | Comments (0)

With the abundance of cheap web enabled mobile phones now – businesses cannot ignore the power of mobile search.

Currently mobile search only accounts for about 9% of all search queries (with the other 91% on the computer).

RBC Capital Markets in the US have done a study showing that currently mobile search accounts for only 2% of total search budget – clearly a gap in the 9% of total market share.

I think using a PC for search is still more effective – the users has more visuals and control.

The benefit of smartphone ads is that they take up about 20% of the screen size compared to a PC which takes up about 4% of the screen size with sponsored search ads.

According to research 11% of smartphone users run a search atleast daily, and another 20% atleast once per week.

Currently 157 billion searches are conducted via smartphones this year. In 2012 this is expected to rise to 586 billion searches.


David Cowling : Editor and Founder of SocialMediaNews.com.au. I also run a Social Media Agency where I do consulting work and another blog dedicated to Instagram news. Connect with me: Twitter | LinkedIn | Google + or contact me here. Alternatively, you can send me an email at david@socialmedianews.com.au











MONTHLY NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP